Hi guys! I am so excited to be sharing some healthy tips to kick off your new year! Since working out has always been a huge part of my life, I love sharing things I have learned along the way that have helped me live a healthier lifestyle, and I hope these tips help you too!
- 1. Sign up for workout classes!
- I've said this so many times before, but this is so important in motivating and keeping you on track! I take about 2-3 classes a week and I put them in my schedule the beginning of the week. This helps me keep myself accountable for going, and making sure I manage my time properly. I love looking forward to classes during the week, and it also helps me prep the night before. I usually bring all of my workout clothes to work- and that helps motivate me to go right after work- no excuses!
- 2. Drink tons of water!
- Staying hydrated is crucial to being healthy! I shoot for 6-8 glasses a day, and some days are better than others, but overall I am pretty good about reminding myself to drink water throughout my day. I have never liked soda, so water is usually my go-to drink of choice for lunch and dinner. I start my day off with coffee, and usually end my day with lots and lots of water. I also use this app which really helps track water intake!
- 3. Take your vitamins!
- I started taking B vitamins recently, and I take them in powder form with my smoothies every morning. This has made a huge difference in my energy levels, and overall well-being. I feel more awake in the mornings, I have energy throughout the day, and it gives me enough energy to workout at night even after a full day at work. Probiotics have also been a huge lifesaver for me. I also take some liquid vitamins that help with my overall health, and they taste good too- so it's not too hard to get them down everyday! Here are some of my favorite vitamins:
- 4. Set realistic goals
- This is by far the most important! I think we all tend to be very critical of ourselves, especially when it comes to our bodies. Just remember that everything takes time, and you should focus on increasing healthy behaviors, rather than being perfect. If you can't do something right away, keep trying and little by little it will happen. For example, I really am not a good runner, so I have been running a mile every single time I am at the gym, and now I can run further and longer than I could when I started. It's all about perseverance and dedication. Stay consistent and it'll all happen with time!
- 5. Find a gym buddy
- This has been crucial to my workout experiences in the past few months. My sister has been my most consistent workout partner, but I also have a few friends that I work out with that help motivate me, and enjoy the workouts that I enjoy. My friend Lena loves yoga, and I love more fast paced workouts so we alternate between both whenever we're both available. My sister and I work out at home doing a online program, but we also take classes together, and workout together in the gym as well. It's so much better working out with someone who loves the same things you do- and it gives you a chance to catch up between sets. Ryan and I work out together on the weekends, and that's one of our favorite things to do together. It's definitely a way to bond with someone else, all while being healthy and feeling great!
I hope this inspired you guys to start your 2017 off right! Just remember that everything takes time and everyone moves at their own pace. Every day strive for a little bit more, and make sure that you are eating healthy even if you can't make it to the gym. When you have the option, always take the stairs for extra exercise, and always remember to take your vitamins and drink your water! xoxox